The Southern California Public Management Association for Human Resources is hosting its annual one-day conference on Thursday, April 22, 2010 at the Almansor Court in Alhambra, CA. The SCPMA-HR is hoping you’ll save the date, today.
Click here for more information and registration.
The theme of the event is “Human Resources: Agents of Change.” The General Session will feature Shelia Sheinberg speaking on “The 21st Century Organization: Making Sense of a World Turned Upside Down.” The day will also include Luncheon Keynote Jack Kyser, who will give his “Economic Update.”
- Common Areas to Avoid Litigation
- Engaging Employees When There are no Easy Answers
- Leveraging Technology as an HR Tool
- Coordinating FMLA/CFRA/ADA/FEHA/Workers’ Comp
- Managing Difﬁcult Employees
- Career Growth
- Furloughs, Layoffs, and Concessions
- HR Strategies in Lean Times
- HR’s Leadership Role in a Recovering Economy
- Legal Update
- HR: Best Practices
- Recruitment Strategies in a Restructuring Culture
SCPMA-HR was founded in 1940 as Chapter II of the International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR) and is one of the largest chapters of IPMA-HR, the global leader in human resources in public management with chapters throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and South Africa.
- Provide a forum to discuss subjects of mutual interest for persons engaged in Public Human Resources Administration;
- Provide opportunities for professional development; and encourage and facilitate cooperative action among public agencies on human resources problems and issues.