The original photo is located here.
To look up your city, click here and type in your zip code.
The other cities making the Top 10 list of most polluted cities:
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Riverside, CA
- Bakersfield, CA
- Visalia-Porterville, CA
- Fresno-Madera, CA
- Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Yuba City, CA-NV
- Hanford-Corcoran, CA
- Houston-Baytown-Huntsville, TX
- San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA
- San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, CA
- Charlotte-Gastonia-Salisbury, NC-SC
According to a Los Angeles Times article, the report found that high air pollution levels threaten the health of 175 million people, about 58% of the population. But in California, the proportion is far higher: 91% of state residents, more than 33 million people, live in counties with poor air quality, especially in Southern California and the Central Valley.
Annually, California’s dirty air is estimated to cause 19,000 premature deaths, 9,400 hospitalizations and 300,000 respiratory illnesses.
James Spencer is the editor of PublicCEO.com. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916.333.5285.