Each week, Louis Dettorre will provide the PublicCEO Staff Report of the Week. Nominate yourself or a colleague by e-mailing ldettorre@publicCEO.com. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots.
The Town of Windsor drafted legislative policy guidelines for 2011.
Most local municipalities adopt these guidelines annually to be used in legislative advocacy decisions throughout the year. The Town Council of Windsor has adopted guidelines annually since January 2008.
Windsor opposes legislation that imposes regulations or unfunded mandates that negatively impact the town and its budget.
Revenue and Taxation
- Support legislation that allows corporations with a physical presence in California to set up web based businesses outside the state to evade tax obligations.
- Oppose State or Federal efforts to borrow local revenue.
- Support increased funding for State and Federal affordable housing programs.
- Oppose State efforts to take or borrow local redevelopment funds.
- Oppose mandates on new or enhanced local government benefits.
- Windsor supports sustainable development practices such as developing solar energy production, reducing dependence on fossil fuels and increasing water efficiency and conservation.
Windsor’s legislative guidelines for Public Works, Recreation and Park, and Land Use can be viewed here.
Send your city’s legislative guidelines to Louis Dettorre.