Conservationists lobbied for environmental protection as logging and ranching waned, ski resorts expanded, and Stateline casinos went high-rise. Then, in 1969, the United States Congress ratified the agreement and created the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency.
Now, the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency is looking for a new Finance Director.
Are you a leader who is valued for your knowledge and judgment? Do you want to be part of Lake Tahoe’s only regional land use planning agency helping to create a healthy, sustainable environment for the Lake Tahoe Basin? Are you interested in providing financial and strategic planning leadership for the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency? If so, we are looking for you.
The TRPA Finance Director plays a strategic role in the delivery of solutions and services that drive efficiency and resource development across the Agency. Through a team of finance professionals, the Director has responsibility for financial management of the $14,000,000 budget that includes state appropriations well as federal, state and local grants and fee revenues.
This key leadership position, partners with the senior management team, department managers, Governing Board members, California and Nevada legislative and budget committee members, external auditors, financial consultants and bankers and is responsible for financial strategy, annual financial planning, monthly and quarterly close, forecasting, controls and compliance. The successful candidate is a person with broad finance planning and analysis experience and an excellent understanding of internal controls.
In this role you will help the Agency achieve its planning and business goals while driving resource allocation decisions and influencing key decision makers. The individual is also a proven dynamic leader, who invests in building organizational talent, facilitates cross team collaboration and balances a diverse set of perspectives.
The Key Responsibilities:
- Serves as chief financial officer of the Agency
- Leading a team of four financial professionals
- Coordinating and facilitating development of the biennial and annual budget requests to the states of Nevada and California
- Working with Nevada Executive Budget Offices and the California Senate, Budget and Fiscal Review Department for compliance and budget approval
- Represents the Agency with state administrative and legislative staff and finance committees
- Coordinates development of annual Agency budget and presents to Agency Governing Board for adoption
- Oversees daily financial operation, assuring that payroll, accounts payable and cash management are achieved according to Agency financial policy standards
- Oversees, coordinates and reports on investment activities of the Agency and reports to the Senior Management Team and Governing Board
- Oversees, coordinates and manages the Agency’s short-term and when needed, long- term debt programs.
- Strong communication skills and team – oriented focus
- Political Acumen#Excellent Customer Service
- A minimum of ten years experience, including at least two years at the leadership level
- CPA or similar designation preferred
To submit your resume, email email@example.com and for questions, please contact Michele Chouinard, HR Director at 775-589-5276.