Member registration for CCMF’s 2020-21 program year is now open! California City Management Foundation provides guidance, support, and advocacy for City Managers in all stages of their careers. We are more than an organization – we provide a platform for city management professionals to connect with one another and receive support from a network of peers who do what you do and who face similar challenges. As unique situations present themselves, CCMF provides the tools for city managers to successfully accomplish their goals.
In light of the financial challenges posed by COVID-19, CCMF is offering a Fee Flexibility program to current members who want to renew their membership. Please fill out this application form to apply to waive all or part of your membership dues for the 2020-21 program year. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis by CCMF, based on demonstrated financial need.
Otherwise, we continue to hold individual membership fees at the same level for another year. Private sector organizations interested in becoming CCMF Sponsors can view sponsorship options here.
- Standard Membership: $400
- Retired/In Transition Membership: $150
- CCMF Sponsorship: $1,250 or $3,000 or $10,000
If you are a 2019-20 CCMF member and want to renew your membership for the 2020-21 program year (which begins July 1, 2020), you can either:
- Pay via credit card online on the Membership Payment page, or
- Pay by check by downloading, filling out, and mailing the 2020-21 CCMF Individual Membership Invoice form.
Note: Your CCMF membership is not complete until payment has been received.
Have questions about your CCMF membership, renewing, or billing? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“As a third generation city manager, I have witnessed firsthand the pre-CCMF experience of the City Manager before contracts or severance ; nowhere to turn or find resources when things got tough or during the “transition” from one job to the next. I cannot think of any greater or more positive influences on the city management profession than those made by the California City Management Foundation. From education and resources to support of the next generation through those in their “next phase”, CCMF has brought advocacy for the City Manager to a level once simply thought unimaginable.” – John W. Donlevy, Jr., City Manager of Winters
The CCMF Board of Trustees encourages you to take advantage of CCMF’s numerous resources and services, such as:
- The weekly E-News digest, read by hundreds of city managers every week, which keeps members up-to-date on current events in the profession.
- Our Professional Resume Review service is available free of charge, exclusively to CCMF members. If you are facing a career transition and would like to ensure your resume is representing you well in the city management job market, contact our professional advisors.
- The Online Professional Toolkit service, which can help you establish and/or expand your own digital footprint online. That way, when someone ‘Googles’ you, your voice is heard.
- The annual New & Future City Managers Seminar, designed to support the very best practices in the city management now and in the future.
- Exclusive, member-only materials available on the CCMF website, including the newly revised City Manager Sample Employment Agreement, a guide for Managers in Transition, and tips for stepping into a position in a new city.
- Advocacy at the state level. CCMF works hard to inform elected officials and legislators about the vital work that city managers do, and to advocate for our profession.
We can, of course, only be successful with your support. CCMF operates on a fiscal year calendar with memberships valid from July 1 through June 30. We know city budgets, as well as personal ones, are tight. But, especially in times like these, organizations such as CCMF are especially important.