This week, the City of Glendale launched the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Program, designed to help Glendale Businesses with their PPE needs. The program is part of the City’s overall Business Recovery Strategy, which allocated $4.2 million for the Glendale business community to assist in their recovery. The PPE Program consists of three main components:
- Reimbursable Grant Program
- Sanitizer Distribution Program
- Public Education and Outreach
Reimbursable Grant Program
Beginning August 31, 2020, businesses will be able to apply for up to $500 reimbursement grants to cover expenses related to the purchase of COVID-19 related Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including face shields and coverings, sanitizing supplies, COVID-19 signage, partitions and gloves. Open only to brick and mortar businesses located on commercial properties, applicants will be asked to participate in the Safety First Pledge. The pledge is part of the City’s efforts to raise awareness about important protocols required to operate a business safely during the pandemic. Those that take the pledge share a commitment to the health and safety of their employees and customers. Online application
Sanitizer Distribution Program
Thanks to a generous donation from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services, the City will be distributing 30,000 bottles of hand sanitizer and face masks to businesses and residents at a variety of contactless drive-thru and walk-up events:
- Drive-Thru Events – 780 Flower St (Glendale Fire Department – Fire Prevention Bureau)
- Monday, August 24, 2020 from 10 am to 1 pm: Glendale Businesses Only
- Friday, August 28, 2020 from 10 am to 1 pm: Glendale Businesses and Residents
- Walk-Up Events– 117 N. Artsakh Ave.
- Tuesday, September 1, 2020 from 10 am to 1 pm: Glendale Businesses Only
- Thursday, September 3, 2020 from 2 pm to 5 pm: Glendale Businesses Only
Public Education & Outreach – began August 17
This week, Glendale Fire Department personnel embarked on a door-to-door outreach campaign to inform businesses about the PPE Grant, distribution events and the Safety First Pledge, while distributing free hand sanitizer. As PPE Program Ambassadors, they are encouraging responsible business practices and shedding light on City resources.
To learn more about the Business Recovery Strategy and the PPE Program, please visit the new City of Glendale – Economic Development Division website at ChooseGlendaleCA.com.