League of California Cities President Ali Sajjad Taj has announced the new members of the Coastal Cities Group Leadership Committee. The Coastal Cities Group was created by the Cal Cities Board of Directors in November 2006 as a forum for cities within the coastal zone to discuss coastal issues and build a relationship with the California Coastal Commission.
Each year, the Cal Cities president appoints representatives from six coastal regions to serve on the Leadership Committee to help facilitate the Group’s operations and to play a key role in its activities. President Taj appointed the following individuals to serve on the Leadership Committee in 2022:
- Chair: Santa Barbara Council Member Eric Friedman
- Vice Chair: Pacifica Council Member Sue Beckmeyer
- North Coast Representative: Fort Bragg Council Member Tess Albin-Smith
- North Central Coast Representative: Pacifica Council Member Sue Beckmeyer
- Central Coast Representative: Pismo Beach Mayor Ed Waage
- South Central Coast Representative: Santa Barbara Council Member Eric Friedman
- South Coast Representative: Dana Point Mayor Pro Tem Mike Frost
- San Diego Representative: Del Mar Mayor Dwight Worde
Coastal city officials and staff are encouraged to engage with the Coastal Cities Group and Leadership Committee. Please visit the Coastal Cities Group’s webpage to see who your region’s representative is and to learn about any coastal city events. To stay informed on pertinent coastal issues impacting cities, subscribe to the Coastal Cities Group listserv.
For any questions regarding the Coastal Cities Group, please contact Melanie M. Perron, deputy executive director of advocacy and public affairs.