The City of La Cañada Flintridge is pleased to announce the commencement of its Security Camera Rebate Program. This initiative is part of the City’s ongoing commitment to fostering a safe and secure environment through resident participation in local crime prevention efforts.
Spearheaded by the Public Safety Commission and funded by the LCF City Council in Fiscal Year 2023-24, the Security Camera Rebate Program offers rebates to residents who install a security camera on their property. Incentivizing the installation of surveillance systems assists in creating a network of security cameras that will deter crime, assist law enforcement in investigations and ultimately make La Cañada Flintridge an even safer place to live, work and play.
On a first-come, first-served basis, residents who install a security camera—limit one per property—and provide proof of purchase and installation can receive up to a $100 rebate from the City. Please note that the rebate applies to the cost of the camera itself, not installation costs.
Mayor Gunter expressed enthusiasm for the program, stating, “We are thrilled to relaunch the Security Camera Rebate Program, as it empowers our community members to play an active role in enhancing the safety of our City. By working together, we can create a stronger, more secure environment for everyone.”
To participate, residents must meet the following guidelines:
- Be a current La Cañada Flintridge resident with proof of residency on a valid government-issued ID;
- Provide a current utility bill that matches the name and address on the proof of residency ID;
- Own or rent the La Cañada Flintridge property where the security camera is installed.
- If renting, provide a signed letter from the property owner giving consent for installation.
Eligible residents can apply to be considered for the $100 rebate by completing the following steps:
- Submit an application on/after Monday, November 13, 2023.
- Upload proof of residency on a valid government-issued ID.
- Upload a current utility bill of the residence that matches the name and address on the proof of residency ID.
- Upload proof of purchase of a camera after Monday, November 13, 2023.
- Upload photo of the opened devices with the serial/model number visible.
- Upload proof of installation with a date-stamped photo showing installation took place after Monday, November 13, 2023.
The City has begun accepting applications for the program. For more information and to apply, visit CityOfLCF.org/public-safety.