The City of Rocklin is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Director of Administrative Services. This position plans, organizes, directs, and supervises the Finance Division of the Administration Services Department, including accounting/financial functions for the City; performs complex professional accounting work in the preparation of the budget, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and related documents, capital asset reporting, investments, grant administration, and purchasing and financial systems; provides high-level administrative assistance to the Director of Administrative Services and City Manager; ensures that performance objectives are established and accomplished in response to the goals and objectives adopted by the City Council; and performs related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand public service principles, municipal budgets, finance, and administrative services. Possess technical and analytical skills to ensure the City’s financial stability.
- Be a motivational leader, coach, and mentor who is committed to staff development and leads by example.
- Assist the Director of Administrative Services in planning, managing, and coordinating administrative direction of budget, finance operations, special projects, and strategic planning. Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work with all levels of staff in an environment of changing priorities.
- Be a solutions-oriented professional with high integrity with the ability to build trust and influence positive, mutually beneficial outcomes with stakeholders.
- Be a strategic thinker and bring creative solutions, while being an adept problem solver. Demonstrate emotional intelligence in order to appropriately adjust his/her communication style to be effective and influential; and possess the ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders in order to identify solutions in the best interest of the City.
- Pursue internal process improvement strategies within the department.
- Possess knowledge of City operations, policies, and procedures; Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) standards, policies, rules, and regulatory reporting requirements.
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in finance, accounting, economics, business administration, public administration, or a closely related field with an emphasis on municipal finance or public accounting
Five (5) years of increasingly responsible advanced public sector accounting or municipal finance experience, including two (2) years of supervisory or management experience over professional and technical staff working in a fiscal, financial, accounting, or auditing environment.
Possession of a master’s degree in the related fields above is desirable.
TEAM ROCKLIN CULTURE
As an organization, the City of Rocklin is dedicated to maintaining a high standard of service, a collaborative team environment, innovative ideas, transparency, and on-going training and development. Team Rocklin takes pride in serving the citizens and maintaining a safe and thriving community. Rocklin team members appreciate the strong support they receive from the citizens who respect and value what they do to keep the City a great place to live, work and play. Working at the City of Rocklin, you can see firsthand the strong sense of community and high standard of service.
Rocklin continues to be an innovative leader that is creating its own identity by challenging the status quo. Team Rocklin members are capable experts in their fields, who work together to accomplish the strategic objectives set forth by the City Council.
Salary range: $116,533 – $160,642
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are encouraged to apply online by: May 14, 2021 at 5 PM
A complete application will need to be submitted along with responses to the required supplemental questions.
Applications will be screened against the minimum qualifications. Those who quality may be further screened to identify the best qualified candidates.
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at (916) 625- 5050.