Helix Water District
Helix Water District has an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a team that is committed to helping each other in the spirit of collaboration to be the best in an environment where people express ideas, listen with respect and hold trust, honesty and integrity as the cornerstone of everything we do. If you are interested in a Management Analyst position and would like to be part of an organization that values each employee’s unique contribution – this opportunity might be just what you are looking for!
Scheduled Salary Increases
- July 1, 2025: 2% – 4% cost-of-living adjustment
- Annual Merit Increases: Full-time employees are eligible for 5% merit increases on an annual basis until they reach the top of their pay range.
Excellent Benefits Package
- 100% Employee Premiums Paid: All health benefits
- CalPERS Membership
- Accrued Leave: 24 annual days, increases to 29 after 5 years of service
- Paid Holidays: 12 per year, including 2 floating holidays
- 457 Plan Matching: Up to $3,500
- Qualifying Courses: Up to $4,000 annually after 1 year of service
Position Description: This critical position is a non-exempt, advanced journey-level administrative, technical, and analytical classification that performs public contract management and coordination functions. The Management Analyst performs complex, confidential, administrative, and analytical duties.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Prepares requests for quotes/proposals for contracted work including services and maintenance, professional services, and specific projects.
- Analyzes submittals, prepares quote evaluations, and makes recommendations to project managers regarding selection of successful bidder.
- Prepares contracts for execution, evaluates contract-supporting documentation for compliance, maintains and tracks contract-related documents.
- Works with legal counsel and insurance providers to ensure accurate contractual risk transfer and updates contract templates.
- Establishes and maintains standard operating procedures for contract processes.
- Conducts staff training on contract processes.
- Assists with liability and property damage claims management.
- Tracks claim values for calculating experience modifiers and insurance premiums.
- Assists with budget preparation related to insurance costs.
- Utilizes Microsoft Office Suite for various tasks including data maintenance and report generation.
- Conducts data research and analysis, performs calculations, compiles information, and generates reports for various purposes.
- Presents data to managers and supervisors.
Qualified candidates will have training and experience equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework in public or business administration, or a related field, and five years of progressively responsible administrative and technical experience including experience with contract administration. A valid Class C California driver’s license and the ability to maintain insurability under the district’s vehicle insurance policy are required.
To be considered for the Management Analyst position, please select the APPLY button to complete the online application and supplemental questionnaire. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an online application. For a complete list of job responsibilities, please visit our careers page.