City of Sacramento
CalTRUST is a joint powers authority that was established to give California public agencies an investment tool to diversify their investment portfolio. As a local government investment pool, CalTRUST offers three fund options and currently holds over $3 billion in assets for over 130 California public agencies. CalTRUST is a small-staff organization governed by a Board of Trustees.
The Outreach & Operations Specialist will work closely with CalTRUST staff and business partners; providing innovative, efficient, and strategic planning in order to increase participation in the program and establish overall fund growth. This is a full-time position and requires some travel, including attendance at roughly a dozen conferences or events annually. CalTRUST is a Sacramento-based entity but staff is able to work from any remote location within the State of California. The ideal candidate will possess strong attention to detail, excellent project management and production skills, interest in ongoing professional development, thoughtful analysis and prioritization skills, and embrace the challenge of being part of a small, high-functioning team in a remote environment. This individual will contribute to CalTRUST’s growth and help maintain our position as a premier public service provider. This individual will be expected to prepare and present progress updates to appropriate staff on a regular basis, ensuring the innovation we seek is being achieved.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, public officials, business partners, as well as current and prospective participants.
- Manage CalTRUST website.
- Master Salesforce and create integrations with other programs, such as MailChimp.
- Manage monthly performance reports and email campaigns.
- Provide outreach support including data analysis, attendance at industry events, and audience research.
- Provide general support to all CalTRUST staff as needed.
- Perform data and information visualization by designing static or interactive information graphic explainers, presentations, charts, graphs, videos, information sheets, marketing materials, power points, etc.
- Expand and work with the team to further develop marketing materials as needed.
- Ensure the website’s design and user experience aligns with the brand and mission.
- Manage back-end technology systems.
- Oversee the implementation, tracking, and analysis of web analytics data for online platforms.
- Use web analytics data to inform and optimize digital presence.
- Make recommendations regarding process improvements and helping develop performance policies and procedures.
- Develop project management processes and oversee workflow and daily operations for website administration.
- Train new team members in the use of software tools and best practices.
- Ensure HTML code adheres to accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability.
- Maintain an understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Learn and continue resourceful use of SalesForce, including how to best utilize and optimize current and future needs.
- Identify potential useful programs to create efficiency and growth.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- 5+ years project management experience.
- Experience with developing web technologies and software platforms for maximum usability.
- Proven success working with all levels of staff, governing bodies, and public agencies.
- Strong and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines.
- Experience developing technology platforms for internal processes.
- Experience coaching or educating teams to strengthen capabilities and skills.
- Knowledge of California public agencies.
- Excellent active listening skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to analyze and research complex issues.
- Ability to explain complex information clearly and simply.
- Organize and accomplish work with a high degree of independence and initiative.
- Complete work assignments under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Problems solve and prepare potential solutions.
- Proficiency in Office suite software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of design software.
- Experience in Salesforce database desired, but not required.
- Experience in WordPress desired but not required.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, finance, government or related field and five years of professional experience in public finance or banking; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience with starting salary range between $100,000 and $115,000 annually. CalTRUST offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and his/her dependents, life insurance benefits, and participation in a defined contribution retirement program.
How To Apply
Application deadline is September 22, 2023. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectation to Laura Labanieh, Chief Executive Officer, email@example.com. Applications must be directly submitted via email, auto-generated submissions through LinkedIn or other platforms will not be considered.