City of West Hollywood
The City of West Hollywood is now accepting applications for the position of Public Safety Administrator in the Public Safety Division. For position details, please see the job flyer and apply online via weho.org/jobs or by clicking below. The deadline to submit an online application is Friday, February 10, 2023, at 5:00PM Pacific Time.
Job Flyer Link: Public Safety Administrator
SALARY: $10,446.33 – $13,348.47 Monthly
The Public Safety Administrator supervises staff and performs complex professional and administrative functions related to various public safety programs and issues, including: coordination and management of the City’s emergency management and preparedness plan; serving as liaison to the Public Safety Commission, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Los Angeles County Fire Department, emergency medical service providers, public safety issues and with various governmental agencies and social service agencies; contract oversight of all law enforcement services or other supplemental security services that enhance public safety; developing, distributing and presenting staff reports and other reports related to various public safety issues to elected and appointed officials; coordinating meetings with various groups; developing and initiating policy for various programs; and evaluating, developing, implementing, and overseeing various public safety programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field; and,
- Valid completion of FEMA Emergency Management Institute courses IS-100, IS-200, IS-700 and IS-800 is desirable.
- Four to five years of progressively responsible related experience; or,
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Possession of an Associate Emergency Manager (AEM) or Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) certification is desirable.