- Pacific Grove’s Interim City Manager Charlene Wiseman received the resignation of Mayor Dan Cort. The resignation came immediately following a closed-door meeting to finalize the selection of a new city manager. – The Monterey County Herald
Pacific Grove could name its new City Manager today. – The Monterey County Herald
- The former City Manager of Lathrop, Yvonne Quiring, has been selected to take over the administrative helm of Fillmore. Quiring has yet to accept the position. – Manteca Bulletin
- The Blue Lake City Council approved a contract to name Karen Suiker as Interim City Manager. – The Times-Standard
- The changing of the guard is coming, this side of the Pond anyway. Come Sept. 12, Dave Kiff, former Newport Beach, Calif. Assistant City Manager will step into the role of City Manager after Homer Bludau retires a day prior.
While Kiff may have been on vacation recently before hitting the ground running, he did talk with this writer about his plans for Newport Beach.
Considered by many to be the “Beverly Hills of Orange County,” Newport Beach is known for its multi-million dollar homes, and posh restaurants and boutiques, but it’s not all about yachts and where the next vacation is going to be. It, too, has been bit by a few issues. – PublicCEO.com
- A Colorado Springs, Colo. City Manager is being sued by the Huntington Beach City Employees Credit Union for failing to pay on a $250,000 loan. – OCRegister.com
For more City Manager rumblings or tips, contact firstname.lastname@example.org