Concern has increased in California local governments since the proposed cuts to Redevelopment agencies were announced by Governor Brown. The city of Redlands released this report in their fiscal 2011 budget describing the importance of its Redevelopment Agency.
The Redevelopment Agency in Redlands is responsible for reinforcing and diversifying the economic base within the city as well as improving business, housing, and tourism.
In light of cuts, the department is still working to rein business into the city, improve and preserve housing districts, eliminate blight, and develop further strategies for constant growth.
Redlands understands that a city cannot put growth on the back burner during economic struggles.
The Redevelopment Agency should brag about their many accomplishments last year. Some of which include:
- Expanding and improving the downtown district
- Extending Saturday Farmer’s Markets the entire year
- Funding assistance for city landscaping projects
- New sidewalks, driveways, and alleyways
- Completed four (4) subordination agreements
- Completed 26 home improvement projects with Home Revitalization Program
More accomplishments are listed within the report.
Redevelopment Agencies can solidify a city’s economic future. There importance cannot be forgotten.