Retirement Network and Applications Engineer
San Mateo County
$6,899- $8,623 Monthly
San Mateo County Employees’ Retirement Association (SamCERA) is seeking a qualified Retirement Network and Applications Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the operation, maintenance, upgrades and technical support of users for existing and new applications.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Keeping all systems up to date: VMware (vCenter, ESX servers, VMware View); update virtual desktops regularly; Sun Storage Firmware updates; data domain updates; ReadyNAS Updates; all server operating systems (Windows, Linux); print drivers on print server; eDir server; all server applications (Confluence/JIRA, Dynamics GP, SQL Server, Veeam, Attendview, Fax Server, Search, etc.); latest patches and software.
- Maintaining networks: ensure backups and replication are completed and reliable (Veeam internally, and Comvault through County) including performing regular disaster testing; SAN Network; LAN Network; WiFi Networks (SamCERA and SamCERA-Video); maintain DirecTV streaming PC; maintain computer, server and software inventory.
- Providing tech support to staff: setup of VPN accounts; setup Notifylink accounts; setup of users in active directory and create home drives; maintain Windows network (Active Directory, Group Policy, etc.).
- Setting up new computers: clone, image, etc.
- Responsible for setting up, maintaining and imaging new computers
- Attending monthly County LAG meeting
- Attending yearly conferences: PRISM, Technet, VMword, etc.
- Cross-training to support other IT Staff
The ideal candidatewill possess a Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science or Business Administration, at least 5 years of IT application and network support experience, and significant experience in VMware, Storage Area Network, Networking (LAN/WAN and WiFi), database administration, server operation systems (Window 2008, Linux, Netware, etc.) and setting up new PC/Laptops through cloning and imaging. Enterprise backup software and Active Directory administration experience is highly desired. Additionally, background should include PMG (Project Management Professional) Certification, VCP Certification, excellent analytical skills with the ability to effectively troubleshoot and solve systems issues, superior interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups both verbally and in writing.
The list created from this recruitment may be used to fill future extra help, temporary and/or permanent vacancies. Extra help positions pay an hourly salary without benefits. Hours are not guaranteed and may vary by position, up to 40 hours per week.
Recruitment closes February 14, 2013.
To view the complete job description, recruitment schedule and instructions on how to apply, visit the San Mateo County website at: www.smcgov.org/hr/jobs. Individuals interested in employment must complete and submit San Mateo County’s standard employment application and supplemental questionnaire form. Resumes will not be accepted.EOE