Providing emergency financial assistance for household needs
If you are struggling to pay for basic household needs, there is help. The City of Stockton is offering emergency funding to families and individuals experiencing immediate economic hardships. The Essential Support Program provides $1,000 for each eligible adult (person 18 or over), with a limit of $2,000 per household. Those applying must meet the household income requirements, and each person applying must submit their own application.
“Due to the COVID-19, many people lost their jobs, experienced reduced work hours, or had to take time off to care for a child or other family member,” said Economic Development Department Director Carrie Wright. “Even if you were not sick, you may have been financially impacted by the pandemic. This program is offered to help those with the greatest need.”
To apply, please use the Neighborly Portal to set up an account. After confirming through email that you set up an account, you will be able to log in and fill out an application for the Essential Support Grant Program. If you do not have computer access, need assistance, or have questions about the program, please contact the City’s program partner, El Concilio, at (209) 644-2649 or email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted beginning Thursday, October 1, 2020, at noon through the online application portal on a first-come, first-serve basis until all program funding has been awarded.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the City of Stockton since prior to February 1, 2020;
- Have a current income that does not exceed 100% of the area median income (AMI), based on the number of persons in the household; and
- Have suffered a substantial loss in income for any of the following reasons: job loss; a reduction of compensated hours of work; business closure or reduction of operations; missing work due to a minor child’s school closure; or other similar reasons resulting in a loss of income due to COVID-19.
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria must provide the following:
- Basic information on all household members over the age of 18, for example, name date of birth, etc.);
- Provide identification that demonstrates Stockton residency;
- Two (2) months of most recent paystubs, documentation of other income sources, or certification of no income; and
- Complete a W-9 form, which is available through the application portal.
This program is made possible through City of Stockton Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) funding. For additional information about this program and other CARES Act programs, please visit www.stocktonca.gov/CARES.