Spring 2022 Cohort Applications Now Open!
From online public participation platforms to smartphone apps, technology is fundamentally changing the government-resident relationship. Public engagement is the cornerstone of that relationship and it continues to evolve as we see more and more cities become smart cities. The impact of that technology is felt across all departments from how technology can help facilitate public engagement to cyber security considerations to analyzing data collected to determining the right use of social media. In an environment of rapid change and increasing challenges, what will it take to deliver higher-quality outcomes for our communities?
In our popular, online Professional Certificate in Leading Smart Communities program, expert faculty will guide you through six weeks of intensive, action-oriented modules that explore how innovation and new technologies are driving better results in local government. The small class format will not only allow you to get to know and interact with program faculty and your peers, but also give you the opportunity to dive deep into new urban ideas that span from enhancing public engagement to preparing for the uncertainty and risks of emerging technologies.
Offered only twice a year, this unique program begins online, but continues as participants return to their cities, ready to lead with new skills and ideas. Your cohort group of like-minded professionals will enhance your network, and you’ll automatically join a growing community of program alumni. If you’re ready to make an even greater impact in the communities you serve, now is the time and this is the program that will help you make a difference.
The cost of the Virtual Professional Certificate is $1195. Many participants secure funds for training from their employer to support their participation in this program.
Why This Online Certificate Program Is Right For You
The program will help to answer the following questions and many more:
- What is driving change and how are best-in-class cities responding?
- What are the leading-edge technologies and best practices in public engagement?
- How can data be leveraged to produce superior results?
- What are the best approaches to managing the cybersecurity risks of new technologies?
- What are the most important questions that cities must consider as they adopt more technologies?
What You Will Learn
Over six intensive and action-oriented weeks, you will have the opportunity to:
- Explore new digital approaches to public engagement that reflect the growing expectations of communities
- Differentiate yourself and showcase your advanced skills to your organization by being a champion for positive and innovative change
- Unleash the power of government data by understanding the capabilities of emerging tools and best practices
- Understand the cybersecurity concerns related to urban technologies and learn about new tools and techniques
- Acquire new skills that will help you with leading change and strategy development
Spring Session Dates
- Wednesday, April 6, 2022 (3 – 5:30 PM PST)
- Wednesday, April 13, 2022 (3 – 5:30 PM PST)
- Wednesday, April 20, 2022 (3 – 5:30 PM PST)
- Wednesday, April 27, 2022 (3 – 5:30 PM PST)
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 (3 – 5:30 PM PST)
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022 (3 – 5:30 PM PST)
Fall Session Dates
- Wednesday, October 5, 2022 (3 – 5:30 PM PST)
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022 (3 – 5:30 PM PST)
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022 (3 – 5:30 PM PST)
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022 (3 – 5:30 PM PST)
- Wednesday, November 2, 2022 (3 – 5:30 PM PST)
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022 (3 – 5:30 PM PST)