ProcureAmerica and CSAC Financial (California State Association of Counties – Finance Corp.) are proud to announce the HERO award winners for the State of California from this past year (2021)! These men and women are ‘heroes’ in every sense of the word, and ProcureAmerica and CSAC Financial are proud to acknowledge and applaud their efforts. Each of these partners were able to maintain government services, provide critical health related information-resources, and ensure our communities were kept safe during one of the most challenging periods of our country’s history.
Each year, the HERO Award program recognizes a select group of California public servants who demonstrated leadership and vision in their efforts to manage and mitigate expenses on behalf of the taxpayer. Winners were selected based on their leadership in delivering impactful programs to improve fiscal efficiency and program implementation to their respective agencies and communities.
Join us in congratulating the California 2021 HERO Award recipients:
- Vicente Sarmiento, Mayor – City of Santa Ana
- Zdenek Kekula, Senior Civil Engineer – City of Santa Ana
- Anthony Kuo, Vice Mayor – City of Irvine
- Matthew Schmelzel, Management Analyst – City of San Clemente
- Director of Facilities Management, County of Riverside – Rose Salgado
- District 3 Supervisor, County of Riverside – Chuck Washington
- Energy and Water Coordinator, County of San Luis Obispo Annie Secrest
- County of Santa Clara Technology Services Group
- Ralph Peschek, Chief Financial Officer – William S. Hart Union
- Janet Whited, Environmental Specialist – San Diego Unified School District
- John Dilliott, Director of Utilities & Sustainability – UC San Diego
- George Lwin, Manager of Energy, Utilities, and MEP Services – Cal Poly Pomona
- Enrique Perez, J.D., Vice Chancellor of Educational Services – Rancho Santiago Community College District
“The hard work and leadership exhibited by these public servants has an incredible impact on the citizens within their communities. Heroes show themselves during times of heightened need, and ProcureAmerica and CSAC are proud to acknowledge each of them for their honorable and commendable service” said Fred Armendariz, ProcureAmerica CEO.
ProcureAmerica is the nation’s leading business intelligence company supporting government, higher education, healthcare and private industry. Their services support and deliver operational efficiency, fiscal responsibility, expense transparency and net cost reduction. The firm has significant industry expertise in six specific expense categories: Utilities, Waste & Recycling, Telecommunications, Print Management, Technology Optimization, and Treasury.