The City of Carson is excited to announce that their Mayor and City Council unanimously voted (5-0) to approve the implementation of COVID-19 testing for all City of Carson employees (whether currently reporting and not reporting to work), residents and anyone else who schedules an appointment. This testing is available for FREE – no out of pocket cost! On March 18, 2020, Congress passed a law that Coronavirus treatment should be covered by all insurance plans. Your insurance company will reimburse the clinic for the cost of your test and lab results. If you do not have any insurance, MediCal will cover the cost for your COVID-19 test.
COVID-19 testing for employees is not mandatory. To be tested, please complete the online application which can be accessed by clicking this link – https://ushealthfairs.org/carson-staff. The process will take approximately 10 minutes and is similar to completing an initial “New Patient Form” with a medical provider/clinic. Your personal information is secure and will be HIPPA protected as required.
To complete the on-line application, the following information is required –
- You will need to upload a photo of your medical insurance card (front & back)
- You will need to upload a photo of your driver license or State ID
- Confirmation of your social security number when prompted
- Valid personal email address, mobile and alternate contact number
- Emergency name and contact number
- Upon completion of the application, a confirmation will be sent to your personal email address
Testing will begin on Monday, April 27, 2020, Monday–Friday, from your vehicle on the East Side of the Carson Community Center as follows –
- City of Carson Employees designated testing hours – 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- City of Carson Residents “Appointment Only” hours – 10:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Your sample will be processed by FDA Approved LabCorp and Fulgent Genetics Clinical Laboratory and your results delivered to you privately by the laboratory and/or medical staff. If you test positive for COVID-19, your results will be logged and transmitted to the LA County Department of Public Health and the CDC, as required. LabCorp and Fulgent laboratories test for COVID-19 with FDA approval under the emergency use authorization (EUA), as permitted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
**Email confirmation and government-issued ID for proof of registration is required for testing**